A Realtor can help you understand everything you need to know about the home selling process.
Not all real estate licensees are the same; only those who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) are properly called REALTORS®. We proudly display the REALTOR “®” trademark on their business cards and other marketing and sales literature.
REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. As REALTORS® we subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reported that 84% of home buyers would use their same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions are one of the biggest financial dealings of most people’s lifetime. It would be wise to work with a professional REALTOR® when you are selling a home.
If you’re still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here you go:
When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up to date information on what is happening in the market place as well as the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at ‘your’ best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
- Your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property.
- Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Over half of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a Realtor other than yours brings in the buyer.
- Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, distributing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service (MLS), open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
- Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. NAR studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing – and a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a binding, win-win.
- Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Issues may arise between the initial sales agreement and closing for example, unexpected repairs might be required to obtain financing or if a title problem is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing.